Panic attacks affect your social life, personal life and romantic life. Understanding how best to manage your panic attacks so they don’t control your life is critical. This article has some suggestions on how you can stop suffering from panic attacks and enjoying a more fulfilling and happy life.
Set aside some extra time for sleep during periods of frequent panic attacks. Lack of sleep increases the chance of having an attack and it will leave your body weakened. Make it a goal to try for at least eight hours sleep every night.
So Does Therapy
A therapist can help you to stop panic attacks at their source. Your doctor will be able to recommend someone, or you can search the Internet for one in your area.
TIP! You can reduce the impact of your panic attacks by learning to master relaxation and breathing techniques. If you can control your breathing, you can control your panic attacks.
Distraction will help stop Panic Attacks
Finding an immediate distraction is very helpful when a panic attack is imminent. Find something to focus on, sing a favorite song (quietly, if in public), or try reading. Do something to distract yourself from the panicky sensations.
TIP! To stop suffering from panic attacks, put your mind on any task or distraction you can. Reciting a nursery rhyme, trying to name every state in the USA alphabetically, or humming your favorite song. Anything that will take your mind off how you feel is good.
To Stop Suffering From Panic Attacks Learn Their Causes
To begin to stop suffering from panic attacks you must first understand the situations that trigger them.
- Work to know the early signs of panic. This helps tremendously in dealing with them. If necessary keep a journal of your thoughts and emotions just prior to a panic attack
- Seek professional help. Getting help from a counselor can help. But, a therapist requires your active involvement to determine the reasons for your anxiety. This will take time, it is not a silver bullet
Tips to Control Panic Attacks
- A therapist may recommend joining a support group. Sharing coping ideas with others in the same situation can help a lot
- Externalize your situation with a journal, a blog or another type of written communication. The simple act of recording your experiences will help diffuse them
- When that panic attack inevitably happens transfer that rush of nervous energy into a task that needs doing. You can burn off excess adrenaline, and get some of the things you needed to get done finished.
- Try meditation, biofeedback and deep breathing exercises. All work to help you stop suffering from panic attacks.
- You could also take a relaxing bath or find someone to snuggle with. Practice whatever stress relieving technique that works best for you.
- Having an overly serious and concerned outlook only increases the likelihood of a panic attack. Learn to let the smaller things go and save energy and concern for things that really matter.
This article has detailed ways to successfully learn how to stop suffering from panic attacks. Applying these ideas will help your self-confidence.
Always remember that a lot of people experience anxiety and stress and it isn’t an issue that’s impossible to conquer.
Stop Suffering from Panic Attacks