Fighting Fatigue: 10 Strategies That Work
We are living in a society of worn out and exhausted people. Many people now have desk jobs or sit around throughout the day, which, but not using much real energy, helps make us feel zapped and more worn out because physical movement begets energy. We run around from work to chores to home where we confront more jobs without the necessary energy to complete these tasks. We spend Saturdays and Sundays stuck to video gaming systems, television displays and spend almost no time in the fresh air.
We spend time wishing we had more energy. We take poor shortcuts by downing energy drinks to help keep going, not understanding that these drinks have high amounts of sugar and caffeine which have landed a lot of people in hospital emergency rooms. The energy drink business, which nets approximately $10 billion per year is causing a growing number of patients, many of whom are young in being treated in emergency rooms for serious issues related to the substantial consumption of caffeine in drinks like 5-hour energy, Monster Energy and of course, Red Bull.
According to research by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, visits to hospitals as a result of energy drink complications doubled from 2007 to 2011. 20,783 emergency room visits reported energy drinks being a key cause of the health problem being treated, including headaches, panic, abnormal heartbeats, and heart attacks.
Many of us are overweight and engage in a diet filled with highly processed fake food that does not “nutrify” one’s body and simply weighs us down and helps make us worn-out and sickly.
Fortunately, there are natural and useful methods in fighting fatigue and increase your energy and vitality. Many of these methods and habits also can impede the process of aging.
Here are 10 Methods to help you with fighting fatigue:
- Make sure there isn’t something mentally or physically wrong. There are many actual physical explanation why you could have chronic fatigue, from thyroid condition, anemia, obstructive sleep apnea, heart related illnesses, to rheumatoid arthritis. The only way it is possible to see if these are the situation is to go to your doctor and be assessed for these kinds of diseases. Most can usually be treated or corrected to enable you to gain energy back.
- Pay attention to the medicines you take. Lots of drugs include fatigue to be a side-effect and just a handful of of them have this side effect disappear following continued use. If you are feeling especially fatigued once starting a medication, talk to your doctor to see if anything can be done.
- Exercise. Even though it seems rational that exercise makes fighting fatigue even worse yet, really the complete opposite holds true. Being physically active tends to enhance your energy levels, and also maximize the function of many of your body’s organs. Exercise can help you lose weight, which can further noticeably increase your energy. Based on the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, lower than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day. More than 80% of adults don’t satisfy the guidelines for cardio exercise that is known to enhance energy and vitality, especially as we age.
- Try yoga. Yoga is one exercise that has been proven to develop confidence, help with fighting fatigue, and clear the brain. Various types of yoga are great for almost any fitness level. Yoga has been determined to be useful by analysis in males and females over the age of 65, who are apt to have a real predicament with fighting fatigue.
- Keep from becoming dehydrated. Keep a water bottle filled and chilled to get more energy by reducing dehydration. Analysis on athletes shows that becoming dehydrated decreases energy in their activities. Even if you’re not athletic, keeping hydrated with water will give you that extra bit of energy.
- Get adequate rest. The best way to get adequate sleep is always to go to bed earlier to get not less than 7-9 hours rest. In a 2004 review, it was found that those who acquired sufficient sleep were more vigorous and documented significantly less fatigue. Naps are other strategies to renew your energy level. Try for short naps, no longer than 30 minutes. Any longer than that and you’ll have difficulty sleeping at night time. One review showed that a nap followed by a small amount of caffeine like a 5-ounce cup of coffee or tea can regain your energy all the more.
- Consider omega-3 fatty oils. Fish oil supplements are good for you in lots of ways. One way, as demonstrated by a 2009 Italian analysis, to enhance energy and have quicker mental reaction times, is to take fish oil capsules containing omega 3 fatty acids. The capsules also renewed physical vigor.
- Become mindful of your individual circadian rhythm. Every person differs when it comes to when they’ve got the most energy. Determine whether you’re a morning person or a night owl and work with it rather than in opposition to it. If you have especially challenging tasks to do, opt to perform them when you might have the most energy to work with.
- Lose weight. Carrying extra weight can be tiring and the only way get rid of that tiredness is to commence a healthy exercise and diet plan that will help you drop the weight and feel more energetic. There are no specified diet programs which work any better compared to creating a calorie deficit and working out at least 30 minutes each day.
- Eat smaller sized meals. Large meals rob you of your energy because the body requires to employ a great deal of energy to digest them. Think about a time you ate a buffet, where everybody normally eats too much food, versus a meal that involved a salad. More likely than not when you left the buffet you felt fatigued and hoping somebody would wheel you out of there, as opposed to the energy you experienced after a raw whole food meal such as a salad. Smaller and regular meals will keep your blood sugars from fluctuating, giving you constant levels of food energy during the day.
Any one of these 10 strategies for fighting fatigue will help you regain your energy. All you need do is find the one(s) that work best for you.